REVERB GAMERS 2012, #30: "What lessons have you taken from gaming that you can apply to your real life?" - Reverb Gamers
1. Bad things happen to good people. Why else would you have an adventure? We right the wrongs!
2. Halflings are fun! A little humor makes any bad situation somewhat bearable.
3. Imagination is our greatest asset. With it we can talk our way out of almost any situation.
4. When in doubt, cast fireball. Because blowing shit up is always fun!
5. Never underestimate a +1. It's the little things that kill.
REVERB GAMERS 2012, #31: "How would your life be different if you'd never gotten into gaming?"
I think that gaming has helped to draw me out of my shell and has turned me into a more confident person. For some people, when you play a character, you're not always playing yourself and sometimes that can be really hard to do with people that you don't know very well. In my case, I usually always play silly characters and I'd like to think I'm a pretty silly person in real life. It's hard to show that side of myself with people that I don't know because not everyone tolerates silliness.
I'd also like think that gaming has shown me that the straight forward approach isn't always the answer to every problem in life. There are different ways to solve a problem and sometimes you have to get creative and use your imagination. Gaming has also taught me the importance of working together with a group of people. I've always been a very independent person and I never liked it when people bothered me while I was working. When you are part of a role playing group, you often have to work together to overcome difficult situations or you fail.